MY THANKSGIVING TOP TEN LIST
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4 (NIV)
It's just around the corner—the day we celebrate as Thanksgiving. Isn't it interesting that we designate ONE DAY out of the year to give thanks to our God who so richly blesses us 365 days a year? We should say, "Thank you" every day of the year!
It would be impossible to list everything I have to be thankful for, so I will just list what I will call My Thanksgiving Top Ten List.
10. My house – there are many people in this world today who have no place to live. Many of them sleep on park benches and under bridges.
9. Food - we always have plenty to eat at our house. Many people don’t. Every day as I drive home from work, I see people standing beside the road holding a sign that says, “Will work for food.”
8. Clothes – I never have to worry about whether there will be clothes in my closet for me to put on each day. Many people only have the clothes that they are wearing.
7. Health – I am thankful that I am blessed with good health. Many people have a serious illness which keeps them from enjoying a full and happy life.
6. My country – I am thankful that I live in a country where I enjoy great freedom. In many countries you don’t have much freedom. In some countries you can be put in prison, or even put to death, for telling others about Jesus.
5. Teachers – I am thankful for the teachers that I have had in school and in church who have taught me the things I needed to know to live a happy and successful life.
4. Friends – I am thankful for my many friends. In times of trouble, I have always had friends who were there to help me.
3. Family – I am thankful for my family. God has given me a wonderful wife and son and many other family members whom I love very much.
2. Parents – I am thankful that God blessed me with wonderful parents who loved me, cared for me, and taught me about Jesus and his love.
1. Jesus – Jesus is number one on my list of things for which I am thankful. No one ever loved me like Jesus. He loved me so much that he was willing to die on a cross so that I can have everlasting life. Thank you, Jesus.
Well, that is my Thanksgiving Top Ten list. I have been so richly blessed! The Bible says, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same." It is my prayer that I will begin to share generously of the bounty with which I have been blessed.